Friday 29 April 2011

Quite Cute

As a birthday gift this year from two of my friends, I recieved £20voucher to spend at Harvey Nichols! It honestly took me a while to think wisely what I should spend on. I thought of the following:
  • Another Laura Mercier silk creme foundation but in a brighter(?) shade
  • Laura Mercier face primer
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation
  • NARS blushes
I must have considered some other stuff but I'm having a blank moment just now. Anyway, here's what I resulted in purchasing:

M.A.C's Quite Cute collection
Aren't they cute? As soon as I saw the the colours, I had to check it out. I'm not too hyped about with the pencils or nail laquers but everything else just makes me want to grab them all!!! Unfortunely, although I had a £20 voucher, I'm still a poor student with me own car to finance! So I had to make another wise decision on what to get from this collection!
Mineralize Blush in Sakura

swatch
Tell me, how pretty is this?!!! It's a pastel purple with a pink undertone and a small amount of shimmer and  the heart at the middle is just a darker and vibrant shade of the pastel purple, when mixed together it breates this plummy colour on your cheeks. I tried it on, and thought it was a real good colour for a girly innocent look. My suggestion is to definitely apply this on gradually and gently because you don't want to look like you're....drunk?
The only thing I'm not too keen on is the fact that because it's a baked powder, the powder don't tend to stick on as well as say, compare to my MAC blush in Style. However it is still pretty pigmented.
This was priced £18.
MAC's Quite Cute 4x eyeshadow palette in Cute
From Left: Boycrazy, Moshi Moshi, Goody Goody Gum Drop and Azuki Bean
I've been thinking I should move away a little from my Urban Decay Naked palette for the spring/summer
season and add some colour. What better way to do this than to grab some pastel colours? =D The colours on this palette are all wearable to me - I do get annoyed when I purchase a palette and there are colours I don't wear.
I cant' say these are very pigmented though, but I should really try them out on my eyes first beofer I say anything bad about it (although Moshi Moshi is rather chalky! eeekkk)

Moshi Moshi - a lime-yellow colour with white shimmers
Good Good Gum Drop - a pastel pink with only a tiny bit of shimmer
Boycrazy - a pastel purple with again, white shimmers
Azuki Bean - a dark purple with brown undertone and white shimmers

This was priced at £33.
So in total it would have been £51! Got £20 knocked off, and paid £31! (There you go, a little bit of primary maths for you lol!)
When I do a look with these products, I will probably post photos here (I'm still unable to do any videos because I don't have a good camera.......perhaps I should use my phone -just a though..)

I have bought other things seeing as I was out in town, posts about other hauls will be posted on soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment