Saturday 3 August 2013

Sleek Make-Up Haul

Bought a couple of Sleek products lately since I have heard good things about Sleek and wanted to try out myself. I have only previously ever owned two other sleek products and that was their Kajal liner (which I didn't really like) and the Original mineral based eyeshadow palette (I liked it but it isn't my everyday go-to palette). This time, I picked up 3 of their blush/contour palettes, 2 lip palettes and their eye primer palette. 

I always automatically assume that whenever lippys are in a palette form, they are never as good quality and they always have this plastic or chemical smell to them. Now even though these Sleek lip palettes still have a slight chemical smell to them, I really love first and foremost for their colour and pigmentation which ultimately gave them a good staying power. However I would suggest pre-moisturising your lips first before applying the colour because they can get quite drying.
I think with the colour selection they have, it's quite good to have in your kit but I wish they came in one big palette as well so it would mean carrying less.

The blushes and contour palettes? Offftt... I'd say they are comparable with some of MAC's powder blushes. The quality is just excellent and I like how they have a light and medium version for contouring. And like the lip palettes, they have an excellent pigmentation which maximises it's staying power.
As for it's eyeshadow primer palette? I was rather disappointed. When I came to use it, it almost felt like I was putting on a product that was from one of those kids make-up. It lacked something that would tick the quality box. I'm being very vague because to be frank, I haven't used it enough to give a full commentary on it. What I could say is that I really like the colour variety they have included which could be used in almost any eye-look.    



Primer Palette 600

Blush by 3 in Pumpkin 363

Face Form blush and Contour in Light 373

Face Form blush and contour in Medium 374

Lip4 Lipstick Palette in Siren 859

Lip4 Lipstick Palette in Ballet 858

No comments:

Post a Comment