Sunday 18 March 2012

BB CREAM: L'oreal Nude Magique

It's interesting seeing the gradual growth of BB creams in the UK recently. Most of them leave me to disappointment and screaming "I want my money back.", but perhaps I should look at these BB creams in UK drugstores from a different angle: perhaps I should look at them without comparing to Asian BB creams and look at them individually as a product.

A few weeks ago, I embarked on L'oreal's new Nude Magique BB Cream whilst I was "browsing" around Boots. As much as I am on a strict budget, I gave it a 10seconds thought and purchased it anyway.
L'oreal Nude Magique in Fair Skin Tone
swatch
 As far as I know, the BB cream comes out as a white liquid with purple pigments. As you smear and blend this white liquid it will gradually set itself to match your skin. Of course, you may be asking will the colour completely match your skin colour? My answer is, it's close.
Top: bbcream on | Bottom: bbcream off
Even though I chose its lightest shade (typical with BB creams there was only two shades), the result was that it was slightly darker than my own. If you have very pale skin then you might want to give this one a miss. However, I'll be honest- I like this one. The darker tint doesn't bother me, in fact I see it as giving myself a little tan. If I blend it properly and use a right amount I won't look like an orange. My advice is, don't be tempted to use too much because this product takes a bit of time to oxidise before you could see it's colour coming through and in fact the colour comes on faster when swatched on your hand than your face (don't ask me if it's true to everyone, try it yourself, this is purely my findings).
This claims to give 24hour hydration to your skin, but I haven't exactly noticed much about this factor, if you have or about to try it, let me know if you have noticed anything of this hydration malarkey. It comes with SPF12 - typical of BB creams to have SPF but I'm surprised how low it's SPF is. BB creams are normally advertised to have a little bit more than just SPF12, but I guess this is is just me comparing it to the Asian products and let's face it SPF12-15 should be enough for the typical British weather (but I would wear a little higher on a sunny day).
Overall, I like this product. It's unlike the Garnier BB Cream where it's just a tinted moisturiser with very low coverage (or none at all)- a waste of money dare say. Nude Magique has coverage as it is build-able. The down-side of course, it will not (on my skin anyway) make my skin look like it's "bare" but it does give me a good glow and a hint of colour to get me out of being a pale Asian (I must note though, the colour does have a touch of pink undertones, but it goes on fine if you have Asian skin like mine so long as you watch the amount you build-up).

This one gave hope that maybe not all western BB creams are that bad. This one as an individual product worked out fine. Will I try another BB cream? ....only if it's on offer (I'm in a bad case of still being a poor student and unemployed).  

Also I would like to say a MUCH MUCH MUCH  belated "Happy New Year". I have been keeping myself busy even during my Christmas break. And since semester2 of uni started, over the couple of months the work just kept on piling (and the pile is still lurking since my procrastination has grown within me once again the last few weeks). However, I am enjoying this. I enjoy this new change in life. I enjoy of not about changing myself, it was all about improving myself.

2 comments:

  1. Hey love the post ! I tried it on my hands it felt quit good! Iv got the no:7 and it's actually quite good , doesn't dry out my skin but costs quite a bit for a bb cream! Love skin food one ... What bb cream in Asia u recommend

    Suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! =] I haven't tried the no.7 one yet, not too sure if I should when I have so many face products to finish but I do have those £5 off vouchers? hm...maybe I'll go swatch it to see how much I like it first. lol
      I was going to get the skin food one but decided not to. Theres a problem in some asian bbcreams: some have active ingredients that will make some ppl breakout- which it did to me with the one I bought. So even though I compare western with asian bbcreams, I am generally talking about its coverage most of the time. I become really reluctant when deciding to get an asian bbcream or not thats why I shouldn't compare at all. =___=" such a bum I am lol!
      I have L'gere bbcream which is a taiwanese brand, and I loved it if only it didn't break me out so often. =S
      I may give a different brand another shot, like Elisha Coy, Skin food one u mentioned, Skin79 and maybe Missha.
      xxx

      Delete