Wednesday 4 May 2011

F.O.T.D: IU inspired

Ok, so I was attempting to create a look inspired by the album cover of IU's Real and Real+.



However, I don't think the result was very good (or perhaps I'm just being fussy). The look is suppose to be a sultry, tired-like look. Very laid back even though it is a smokey eye. Everything is blended together to grasp the soft focus. Top lashes are to be natural (and if you want to complete the look, look for about 3 strands of single lashes to add on top as shown on IU's cover) while the bottom lashes are to be exaggerated, thus you would  need to either cut up bits of lashes or using individual lashes, place about 4 on the bottom lash (depending on how wide your eye is).
Eyeshadow shades are earthy neutral colours, nothing bright but nothing too dark because you want to keep that soft look still.
Her brows are done by using a clear mascara or brow gel and just flick ur brows in a gentle upwards motion. If you have very light or little amount of hair on your brows then you would fill in the brow colour first before flickering them upwards. However, I decided to keep my eye brows the way I normally do them because I wasn't going anywhere after and didn't want to startle my mother (though I did brushed them upwards slightly).




FACE
********************
Rimmel's Long Lasting 25hr Foundation in 100 Ivory
Maybelline's 24hr Super Stay Concealer in 2 Light/Beige 
(totally don't recommend this for dry or asian skin coz it's got a pink undertone)
Garnier's Roll-on concealer in light 
(for concealing underneath my eyes)
Ruby and Millie's loose powder in no. 1
Revlon Bonzer in 02 Sunkissed bronze
(for contouring)
Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick Compact in Pink
(for highlighting - avoid the darker pinks)
M.AC's Powder Blush in Style

EYES
********************
Rimmel's Eyebrow Pencil in 001Dark Brown
M.A.C's eye primer in Medium
Urban Decay Naked Palette...
taking: Buck, Darkhorse and Virgin
Urban Decay's 24/7 liner in black to tight line upper line
L'oreal's Super Liner in Carbon Gloss black
(to go over the lower lash line - you may use a pencil/gel liner instead)
Maybelline's Volum' Express Turbo Boost Mascara in black
Eylure's Individual Lashes
(using the short lashes place about 4 on your lower lash line)
Show Time eyelashes from Sasa (HK)
(Place on top lashes)

LIPS
*******************
Vaseline lip balm
Rimmel's Moisture Renew Lipstick in 600 Soft Coral
(you may prefer to use a soft pink colour or a soft pink gloss or a nude shade instead -nothing too vibrant)

I will keep on attempting to perfect this look. Maybe I should get some hair extensions? Hm...we'll see!
By the way, I'm not happy with my hair today. It's extremely dry and brittle, I could see three or four tones of colours and my roots, my fringe was being a bum today as well. It's like having a hay stack on your head!
Nevertheless, I should get back to working on my project. Toodles!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment